2021 COMMUNITY CHANGE MAKERS APPLICATION.
About the program
The word is facing many socio-economic challenges. These challenges range from climate change, gender equality, unemployment, poverty, access to quality education among others. However, bold community leaders have taken the initiative to address these challenges, with little or no resources these leaders have decided to boldly step in and support their local various communities.
We have designed a unique 3-month leadership program to support young community leaders with tools and resources to enable them to run their projects successfully. The program targets young people who are co-founders or Founders of civil society organizations (Community based organizations, Self-help groups, Foundations and non-profit organizations)
Who we are looking for:
- A co-founder or founder of a civil society organization based in any informal settlement in Nairobi.
- Must be running their venture for 2 years or less.
- Must a be a youth between 18-35 years.
- The project should have between 2-10 members.
- The organization should be addressing any of the sustainable development goal.
- Available to attend in person sessions once a week for 3 months.
- Be willing to pay a one-off commitment fee of Ksh 5,000 in 3 installments.
What you will get.
- Skills and information on how to run a sustainable organization/venture.
- One year mentorship by industry experts.
- Access to grants of up to Ksh 50,000.
- Access to possible financial and strategic partners.
- Opportunity to learn and network.
- Opportunity to pitch your project to local and International audience.
Application Deadline: 25th Jan 2021
If interested, please apply via this link.
Job Opportunity: Resource mobilization Officer
Period: 12 months Contract.
Starting Date: 1st Feb 2021
Garden of Hope Foundation is a youth-led community-based organization founded in 2014 to support vulnerable youth, women, children and girls living in urban informal settlements and rural communities in Kenya. We accomplish this through leadership, mentorship and entrepreneurship.
Our growing team is looking for a resource mobilization officer. The resource mobilization officer will be based in Kibra, Nairobi. The role is ideal for an early career individual, willing to be mentored, learn and actively want to pursue a career in community development.
The resource mobilization officer will report to the Executive Director.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in diversification of funding streams for the organization and establishing value-adding contacts and relationships for the benefit of the organization
- Assist in implementing the resource mobilization strategy to achieve overall fund-raising targets
- Assist in preparing and reviewing concept notes and proposals for donor funding across all Garden of Hope Foundation programs.
- Analysis and research of information on donors, preparation of substantive briefs on possible areas of cooperation and identification of opportunities for cost-sharing
- Explore funding sources and strategic partnership opportunities from potential donors
- Assist in building staff and volunteers fundraising capacity
- Assist in creating and coordinating partnerships on, to enhance collaboration, advocacy, resource mobilization and knowledge sharing;
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and at least 1 year of work/volunteer experience in the development sector.
- Proven exceptional communication, presentation and writing skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the organization and externally.
- Proficient knowledge in computer applications.
- A passion for community transformation.
- Ability to work in a team with minimal supervision.
- Has actively participated in resource mobilization initiatives.
Allowance: 20,000-25,000 with other benefits.
Method of Application
- Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a Cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th Jan 2021
- The email subject line must clearly show the job title and location being applied for.
- No hand delivery applications will be accepted.
- Please do not attach any certificates.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Garden of Hope foundation DOES NOT charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Communications and Public Relations Intern
Duration: 6 Months
Start date: 8th Feb 2021-31st July 2021
Our growing Organization is looking for an Inter to join our communications department. The individual will assist in promoting our brand, interacting with the public and establish productive relationships with key stakeholders and policymakers.
The ideal candidate should have a passion for success in the communications sector, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Develop, support and promote company goals, including message development, social media content creation and media outreach
• Develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase our visibility among stakeholders
• Identify target audiences and create strategies to effectively engage them
• Ensure digital marketing content aligns with our organizations’s identity and message, and assist with marketing campaigns as needed
• Work closely with the team to develop and strengthen engagement activities
• Editing and proof reading internal and external documents.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of digital marketing tactics, such as SEO and email marketing
• Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
• Independent professional to contribute to the overall goal of the organization
• Graphics and web design and management skills would be an added advantage.
• Experience in report writing, building and managing partnerships, and organization of high-level forums.
• Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
Field Officer Intern: Mentorship, Leadership and Entrepreneurship program.
We are looking for an intern to join our fast-growing organization as a field officer. The field officer will be a critical member of Garden of Hope Foundation team reporting to the Programs Coordinator. The Field Officer shall maintain a trustworthy presence among our program’s beneficiaries.
- Assist with coordination of all field activities.
- Assist in training of program clients.
- Develop program materials i.e curriculum, brochures etc.
- Assist in developing concept notes and grant proposals.
- Enhance the visibility of GoHF through field activities.
- Keep database of all the programs.
- Assist in developing program activities, budget and reports.
- Guides and trains local community in (training towards) performing conform project goals.
- Collects data in the field (paperwork) checks and enters all relevant data into relevant system(s)
- Bachelor’s Degree or diploma in community development or related field.
- At least 2 years working experience.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Strong skills with Microsoft office.
- Good written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Good time management skills.
How to Apply
Please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Communications Officer) to Info@gardenofhopefoundation.org on or before 1st Feb 2021.