Program Officer: Mentorship
Garden of Hope Foundation is a Youth-led organization that is passionate about restoring hope through providing mentorship, leadership, and youth economic empowerment. Started in 2014, the Garden of Hope Foundation has impacted the lives of over 20,000 in 5 counties in Kenya. We are looking for an experienced individual to fill the position of a Programs officer” Mentorship” for a short-term contract of 6 months (subject to renewal)
About the Position
The Mentorship program aims at equipping youth with basic life skills that would enable them to handle their daily challenges and help them in making healthy choices in their lives. We implement the following projects under the program: Peer education, Scholarship Project, group and one on one mentorship and menstrual hygiene management.
The ideal candidate will oversee all the activities related to the mentorship program as highlighted above. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about community development and social change. The person should be willing to work full time (9 am-5 pm). Have a good background knowledge about Kibera and its environs. As a youth-led organization, we are for a candidate who is 25-30 years. The ideal candidate should be open to learning.
Position: Program officer, Mentorship
Duration: 6 months
Reporting: Programs Coordinator
Compensation: Ksh 25,000-Ksh30,000 with other benefits (
Start date: 6th September 2021
- Plan and coordinate mentorship activities: The candidate will plan and coordinate all the mentorship activities which include Ensuring the monthly one on one and group mentorship sessions are attended, mentors are connected to mentees, ensure peer educators are selected and trained. Ensure all scholarship students are recruited and school fees paid and ensure we maintain a good relationship with our clients.
- Submit timely monthly, quarterly, and annual report: The candidate will be required to submit progress reports as per donor requirement.
- Maintain Good Relationship with stakeholders: The ideal candidate will work closely with programs stakeholders and ensure good relationship is maintained. The candidate will also source for new strategy and financial partners.
- Monitoring and evaluation and learning.
- Assist in Resource mobilization: The ideal candidate will support the resource mobilization lead to ensure the department and has enough resources.
- Develop the programs quarterly and annual budgets and workplan.
- A graduate with a bachelor’s degree or diploma in community development, social work, Communication studies, Psychology, or a related field.
- At least two years’ experience and not less than 3-6 months of attachment/internship (Attachment/internship wil be counted as part the candidates 2 years’ experience
- Experience in working with youths, women, children and girls
- Ability and commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to interact effectively with the diverse program stakeholders
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good knowledge and skills with the of MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint , Outlook and Access
- Knowledge of Kibera is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above-required qualifications and experience should submit a Cover Letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing three references and a service/recommendation letter from your past employer to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 28th August 2021
The email subject line must clearly show the job title and location being applied for.
No hand delivery applications will be accepted.
Please do not attach any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Garden of Hope foundation DOES NOT charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.