INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY • 3 MONTHS
Garden of Hope Foundation is a Youth lead faith-based community organization that is passionate about restoring hope through providing mentorship, leadership, and youth empowerment to youths in Kibera.
We are looking for an experienced individual to fill the position of a program Intern for a period of 3 month subject to renewal.
Position: Program Intern
Start date: Immediate
Ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in community development, Social work, Communication studies, Psychology or a related field.
- A background in Counseling will be an added advantage
- Experience in working with youths or willing to work with the youths
- Ability and commitment to teamwork.
- Ability to interact effectively with the diverse project stakeholders
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Good knowledge and skills with the of MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint , Outlook and Access
- Knowledge of Kibera is an added advantage.
At the completion of this internship, the intern will:
- Gain knowledge and experience in report writing, developing concept notes, planning and coordinating multiple stakeholder workshops;
- Gain facilitation skills.
- Gain Knowledge in curriculum development
- Gain Knowledge in Program implementation and knowledge of working at the community level and with high level partners.
- Well planned and coordinated program activities;
- Timely progress reports;
- Updated program activity files;
- Internship report.
- Assist in facilitating meetings/workshops/trainings and coordinating events in areas of Mentorship, leadership development and entrepreneurship.
- Assist in Monitoring and evaluation of organization programs especially in the mentorship program.
- Assist in developing a curriculum for the Mentorship, leadership development and Entrepreneurship program.
- Take part in facilitating mentorship sessions in the various institutions working with Garden of Hope Foundation.
- Provide support in the development of proposals and grants management.
- Take up any other duties assigned to him/her in line with the organization’s mission and vision
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a Cover Letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing three references (including a University Lecturer) to email@example.com on or before 5 /10/2017 by 2pm.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title and location being applied for.i.e
“Program Intern Kibera”
Note: This is NOT a paid position
No hand delivery applications will be accepted.
Please do not attach any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Garden of Hope foundation DOES NOT charges any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.