We are looking for an experienced individual to fill the position of a communications and stakeholder relations officer for a period of one year subject to renewal.
Position: Communications and Stakeholder Relations Officer
Location: Kibera (Olympic Estate)
Duration: One year
Start date: 3rd Feb 2020.
Reporting To the Executive Director.
- Support Garden of Hope Foundation communications story-telling efforts by occasionally creating content including writing blog posts, compiling article links and drafting social media posts.
- Prepare social media/volunteer toolkits and other digital content for Garden of Hope Foundation.
- Document Garden of Hope Foundation work through video and photography.
- Edit Garden of Hope Foundation documents including reports and grants applications.
- Manage organization-wide calendar.
- Track and compile all media coverage of Garden of Hope Foundation.
- Develop print collateral, signage, event materials and Powerpoint presentations for various Garden of Hope Foundation departments and stakeholders.
- Assist in facilitating meetings/workshops/trainings and coordinating events in areas of Mentorship, leadership development and entrepreneurship.
- Perform administrative tasks such as maintaining department inventory of letterhead, envelopes, thank-you cards, business cards, brochures and other printed materials; drafting meeting agendas/taking notes and organizing Google Drive.
- Offer special event support.
- Draft content (e.g. press releases, newspaper articles) for mass media.
- Build new stakeholder relationship and maintain existing ones.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required
- Experience in working with youths or willing to work with youth.
- Ability and commitment to teamwork.
- Basic photography, photo editing, and video editing skills.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good knowledge and skills with MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint , Outlook and Access.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Flexibility, diplomacy and a sense of humor.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Outstanding oral communications skills, with ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Experience in managing WordPress blog and website.
Minimum education and experience requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field.
- 1-2 years professional experience.
- Available for occasional work events on weekends (Saturday’s) and weekday evenings.
- Excellent communication and public relations skills with a strong passion for the organization’s mission and vision.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above required qualifications and experience should submit a Cover Letter and updated Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 24th Jan 2020.
The email subject line must clearly show the job title.
Please do not attach any certificates.
Garden of Hope foundation DOES NOT charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.